The 4 Best Electric Floor Jacks
Why do many buyers favor an electric car jack kit over a manual jack? What makes the electric floor jack so special? The first benefit of the electric floor jack, be it 5-ton or 3-ton is that it takes a great deal of the physical strain off the operator.
Besides that, they’re extremely easy to use and the attached tool kit with pump, wrench etc. that you’d find in a 3-in-1 electric car jack are portable and light. In fact, the units themselves are quite light and can easily be stored in another vehicle for transportation to another site if needed.
The next question is how you choose the very best electric car jack kit from the many available in the marketplace. Hopefully, the information we’ve prepared for you below will help shed some light on this. Read on to learn which are the best choices for an electric floor jack.
This is a terrific all-round kit offering lifting capacity for just about any vehicle type under 5 tons (11,023lbs), including motorcycles. Better yet, it can get up to its maximum height in under 2 minutes but has a safety mechanism to auto-stop lifting when the max safe height is reached. It’s powered by a 12V DC socket or can be plugged into a vehicle’s cigarette lighter.
It only weighs 15.3lbs and comes in a handy carry case, which makes it incredibly portable. It’s perfect to keep in the vehicle for emergencies or to use in a home garage or professional setting. It’s also equipped with a tire inflator and barometer. The seller offers free shipping and free returns to anyone not satisfied with the product.
- Light in weight, easy to carry and/or store in the vehicle
- Connects to multiple power sources
- Includes air pump and psi barometer
- Free shipping, and free returns if needed
- Automatically stops when reaching maximum height
- 6.1 inches default height makes a tight fit under low-lying cars
Those on a tighter budget will love this unit since it has comparable capacities and capabilities but comes in at a better price point. You also get free shipping and the option of free return on top of that great pricing. It can lift up to 5 tons and offers a lifting range of 6.1” to 17.7”, which is competitive in the market.
User operation is very simple. Once the non-slip cross-groove lifting head is in position, you just need to ensure it’s connected to a power source and flip a switch to begin. It will work automatically and includes a safety monitoring system that cuts off lifting after it reaches maximum safe height.
- Light, compact and well-contained in its handy carry case
- Good lifting range up to 17.7”; ideal for simple repair/maintenance jobs
- Very easy to use, and includes a tire air pump and LED light
- The safety system cuts off lifting automatically when it reaches max-height
- Can’t hold up car or pump air for long periods – only good for short jobs
This is an ideal kit to keep in your car for emergencies. It’s a light-duty unit but can still lift sedan and SUV cars up to 3 tons in weight (about 6,000lbs). It comes in a handy storage case with accompanying tools and is a completely sealed and contained design to prevent any oil leaks.
Lift your car in just 5 easy steps. The unit can be powered by connecting a 12V DC cable, or by connecting it up to your car’s cigarette lighter. You can even connect it directly to your car’s battery if you need it. It’s stable, strong and comes with an integrated air pump. The case is fitted with Velcro strips so that it will sit securely in your trunk.
- Free shipping and free returns available
- Easy to use in just 5 simple steps
- Multiple power options
- Includes air pump with barometer
- Outer case sits securely in trunk
- Instructions not well written or edited; can be hard to follow
- 5.9” height makes it impossible to use for low-lying sporty cars
This solidly-built 3-ton unit uses a scissor design and is constructed from durable thickened steel. It’s perfect for lifting sedans and SUVs, and with a default height of just 5.5 inches, it can fit under somewhat lower-lying vehicles when compared to competing units.
It comes with a very cheap price point, as well as available free shipping and returns. The case even doubles up as a warning triangle you can put in case of roadside break down and tire changing.
- Durable thickened steel materials
- Low-lying height good for more sedan models than competitors
- Budget-friendly price point
- Free shipping and returns
- Plugging into cigarette lighter risks fuse blowing more often