What is a Hein-Werner Jack?
Hein-Werner floor jacks are a premium brand of professional-grade heavy-duty lifting products owned by Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc. The Hein-Werner floor jacks brand doesn’t just stand for quality and dependability, but it’s also a brand committed to its units being 100-percent made in the USA.
Using top-grade cast iron and hydraulic pump components, Hein-Werner ensures that their brand remains a favorite for not just the private sector, but also for the military, government and other sectors who have a need for lifting solutions. The products are made in the USA with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty attached to help assure buyers of superlative quality.
Our initial impression of Hein-Werner’s floor jacks is a distinct weight, feel and sturdiness of its cast-iron design. Each Hein-Werner floor jack has a good range but they can be hard work to fully extend (although perhaps Kevin is getting on a bit now…). Overall the quality of Hein-Werner does speak for itself and each comes with a two-year guarantee and free returns for extra reassurance.
Hein-Werner floor jacks are typically used by professionals or passionate DIY mechanic hobbyists. If you are new to DIY mechanics or planning to lift your car or truck infrequently, you do not need to spend big for a quality floor jack. We would encourage you to check out our picks for the best 3.5-ton floor jacks. If you’re interested in the American-made Hein-Werner floor jacks, then we’ve taken the time to find the best Hein-Werner floor jacks and present the 3 available heavy-duty floor jacks to suit professional and personal hydraulic lifting needs.
When you want American-made quality, the durability of cast-iron materials and the precision of well-made u-joints, then this unit packs it all in. The hydraulic pump is very well sealed for protection and the side plates are flagged and placed over a wide frame for a solid stance when in use.
It’s quite heavy as a unit at 107lbs of gross weight, but it does have a very good lift range from 5 inches to 23-½ inches. Better yet, Hein-Werner backs it up with a 2-year warranty, free delivery and discounts when buying with an Amazon Visa card. That’s quality and relative affordability all rolled into one.
- Durable materials and solid construction
- Quality backed up by 2-year warranty
- Great lifting range and pleasing max. Height
- Superb-value delivery and payment options online
- Unit’s gross weight is relatively high compared to other 3-ton jacks.
For lower-end lifting range and when needed capacity is lower, you can get this great-value option as an alternative to its larger siblings. It’s smaller but made with the same sturdy materials and US-quality ingenuity built-in. The gross weight is lower at 90lbs, which isn’t “light” but better for mobility around the auto shop floor.
Not only is this Hein-Werner jack among the best-value of units, but it’s also available with flexible monthly payments to spread the cost, and it comes with free shipping.
- Made in the USA for great quality assurance
- 2-year warranty
- Smaller but still has the same signature Hein-Werner solid construction
- Hein-Werner U-joint release mechanism offers great control
- Lighter in weight makes it easier to move around the auto shop
- 2-ton capacity makes it less capable than other models
- Raising speed a little slower than similar units
There are times when only the heaviest-duty jack from Hein-Werner will do, even if it comes at quite a large premium. Though this unit is more expensive for its much greater capacity in lifting (10 tons), the cost can be spread thanks to flexible monthly payment options. Furthermore, shipping is free.
It lifts from 6-¾ inches all the way up to 25.5 inches and supported with signature Hein-Werner construction and sealing of the vital parts to keep out contaminants that would affect performance. The handle easily adjusts between its three pumping positions, and the dual piston action gives speed and power to the lift.
- Huge lifting capacity of 10 tons
- Easy to use thanks to the well-designed handle and easy pumping action
- Easy to adjust to suit different situations
- Great lifting height – enough to get underneath easily for oil changes, etc.
- Flexible payment options and free shipping
- Expensive price point, even among similar jacks